Hike Overview: Hiking in Hong Kong with a buggy can be a challenge but this relatively short, shady hike is great whenever you need to stay out of the sun. Some lovely views of Ocean Park, Happy Valley and Central and even finishes at a playpark for any tots (or adults) who still have some energy to run off.
- Distance: 3.5km
- Road Surface: Tar and concrete
- Time taken: 50 minutes
- Hills: Hmmm, I always think that this is flat, but it isn’t. Nothing major, but a long gentle uphill and then down again.
- No of flights of steps: 0
- Max steps in one flight:0
- Shade: Approx 90% shaded
- Type: A to B (although you could start (park?) at the police museum and walk down Blacks link before retracing your steps)
- Scooter/bike friendly: No traffic and the hills aren’t too crazy, although this hike definitely isn’t flat. Would be OK for older kids experienced on bikes.
- Start point: Blacks Link
- End point: Wanchai Gap Park & Police Museum
- Facilities: parking at police museum, kiosk, toilets, playpark
- Taxi: To Blacks Link (bo lik ging). 15 minutes from Central.
- Bus: Any bus to Wong Nai Chung Gap. Get out at the petrol station at the top of the hill. If you came from central you will need to cross the main road to the other bus stop and head further up the hill and around to the right to see Black’s Link.
- Car: No parking at the start of the walk, but there is limited parking at the police museum if you fancy a there and back again walk.