Hike Overview: Scoot Hong Kong! A great walk and scoot that was suggested by one of our lovely Mums from the group walks. Take the route along the waterfront, following car-free walkways and cycle paths, to a lovely park. A fabulous walk for pushing prams but also for toddlers that need safe space to run, wobble and scoot. Paths are newly laid and smooth, however there are signs saying no skateboards (unsure of the rules on scooters) and fines for anything other than a bicycle on the cycle lane. When we visited it was beautifully quiet and looked great for little ones on wheels.
- Distance: 4km
- Road Surface: Almost totally car free, flat paths. There are also cycle lanes along the majority of the route.
- Time taken: 1 hr plus playing time in the parks.
- No of flights of steps: 0
- Max steps in one flight: 0
- Shade: Exposed to start on the waterfront, shade on the end section and in the parks.
- Type: A to B
- Scooter/bike friendly: Bikes yes – but must cycle on the cycle paths. Scooting ??? – unsure if this will be within the rules.
- Start point: Tiu Keng Leng MTR Station (fully accessible with lifts)
- End point: Hang Hau MTR Station (fully accessible with lifts)
- Facilities: Toilets, baby change and vending machines in the park. Plenty of restaurants at the malls by Hang Hau MTR station at the end.
- Parking: Metro Town car park nearby
- Taxi: Drop off point at the MTR station
- Bus: 694 from Sui Sai Wan; 792M to Sai Kung; 798 Sha Tin