Hike Overview: A great, flat, waterfront walk ending at the lovely Ma On Shan park. It’s perfect for scooting and has a cycle track alongside the footpath for families on 2 wheels. This leisurely walk is fully accessible by MTR and has stunning views of pat sing ling on a sunny day. There are 2 different playgrounds to explore en route and a beach and park at the end. Ma On Shan park has lovely grassy areas for picnics and play, a library next door and a great looking outdoor swimming pool with watersides. We’ll be returning in warmer weather to walk there and back again with a picnic and a swim in the middle.
- Distance: 4.5km (we did 9km there and back)
- Road Surface: Pavement and paved paths
- Time taken: 1hr 15mins
- Hills: None.
- No of flights of steps: None.
- Max steps in one flight: 0.
- Shade: Exposed for the whole walk.
- Type: A-B or there and back again.
- Scooter/bike friendly: Yes
- Start point: Tai Shui Hang MTR station.
- End point: Ma On Shan MTR or return to Tai Shui Hang
- Facilities: Toilets, baby change, water fountains and playgrounds along the waterfront walk. All of these are also available at Ma On Shan park.
- MTR: Tai Shui Hang.
- Bus: multiple options including 299 from Sai Kung, 885 from Sha Tin, 680 from Admiralty and 681 from Sheung Wan
- Car: There are car parks in Tai Shui Hang.