Hike Overview: One of the popular stroller walks in Hong Kong, this walk is downhill all the way, with easy access to Stanley for lunch. There are plenty of stroller friendly options in Tai Tam, and with such easy access from the chaos of central, this is a nice option for island based families. Make sure you bring a stroller leash as this one is pretty steep in places.
- Distance: 4km
- Road Surface: Paved
- Time taken: 1 hour
- Hills: Downhill only.
- No of flights of steps: 0
- Max steps in one flight:0
- Shade: Some shade, very exposed in places
- Type: A to B
- Scooter/bike friendly: This route is too steep in parts for most scooters/cyclists, however the last km or so, is perfect (you could start at the end and head up the road until you reach the hill if you just want a scooting session!)
- Start point: Parkview
- End point: Tai Tam Road
- Facilities: Toilets, BBQ pits, Parknshop at Parkview for any supplies you need, vending machine and toilets at end. Plenty of eating and drinking options in Stanley.
- Taxi: Taxi to Parkview (hop out just at the main entrance)
- Bus: Bus 6 (Exchange Square to Stanley Prison), 63 (North Point Ferry Pier to Stanley Prison) or 66 (Exchange Square to Stanley Plaza – Peak hours service). Get off at “Wong Chai Nung Reservoir Park, Wong Chai Nung Gap Road” (which is the stop after Hong Kong Tennis Centre. Unfortunately you then have to walk up the hill (cross over the road and walk round the loop back over the bridge) and head up the hill to park view.
- Car: There is very limited Octopus parking or it is possible to park in Parkview – a $200 shop in Parknshop gets you 2hrs parking, but this might not be enough, and it is $100-$150 per hour (!!!) after that.