Hike Overview: A very flat, very straight hike across the dam at Plover Cover, this hike is probably as far away from Central as you can get. With water on both sides, and views to Shatin, it’s traffic free and perfect for the kids to practice their cycling. As an added bonus there are plenty of family friendly restaurants at Tai Mei Tuk.
- Distance: 5.5km
- Road Surface: Paved Road
- Time taken: 1.5 hours
- Hills:With the exception of a slight hill from the bus terminus up to the dam wall, this hike is flat flat flat!
- No of flights of steps: 0
- Max steps in one flight:0
- Shade: None. Very exposed.
- Type: There and back again
- Scooter/bike friendly: Perfect for scooting and biking. Bike hire available.
- Start point: Tai Mei Tuk BBQ Area or Bus Terminus
- End point: Tai Mei Tuk BBQ Area or Bus Terminus
- Facilities: Kiosk and toilets at the BBQ area, plenty of restaurants and bike hire (adults and kids) on the Tai Mei Tuk Road. Portaloos available at the far end of the dam if you can’t wait.
- Taxi: Taxi to Tai Mei Tuk/Plover Cove
- Bus: #75k or 275R(Sundays and Public Holidays only) or Minibus 20C from Tai Po Market Railway Station. Takes about 30 mins on the bus.
- Car: Limited parking available at the bus terminus.