Hike Overview: A lovely short walk with some lovely views over Hebe Haven, unfortunately it isn’t stroller friendly the entire way, but this one is perfect for test driving your carrier, and it won’t be long until our toddlers will be able to do this with only a little help. There is an awesome beach at the end (which is a great bribe for tired legs) with an easy sampan back to the jetty where you have a couple of restaurant options if you didn’t picnic on the beach!
- Distance: 4km (but could be down to 2km if you start further down the route -more details below)
- Road Surface: Road, paved trail and trail.
- Time taken: 45 mins
- Hills: One, but nothing too serious.
- No of flights of steps: 1 small up and then down to the beach
- Max steps in one flight: not many – didn’t count.
- Shade: Mainly shaded, but some exposed sections
- Type: Circular if you get the sampan back, otherwise there and back again.
- Scooter/bike friendly: No
- Start point: Pak Sha Wan Ferry Pier (or if you are coming by taxi/bus and want to avoid walking up the main road, get dropped off at the turning to Che Kung Tuk Road from Hirams Highway (see pic below for what this road looks like – its very easy to spot)
- End point: Pak Sha Wan Ferry Pier if you get the Sampan back
- Facilities: Not very much at the start of the route, so bring your own, but toilets, changing rooms, BBQ pits, playground on the beach and then several restaurants to choose from back at the pier.
- Taxi: Taxi to Hebe Haven either to the pier or further up to limit your walk
- Bus: 92 or 96A from Diamond Hill, Green minibus 1, 1A or 101M, with Red minibus from Mong Kok, Kwun Tong or Kowloon City
- Car: There are some octopus metered car parks around here.